At June 18 2021 the Neurodiversity Pride Day is organized in the Netherlands. The program for the day is still in the making, but we wanted to share some of the main projects and activities for the day:
- Online Pride Day Summit: We will organize an online summit, to make sure we can be together, even if covid limits our ability to be physically together.
- Neuroinclusive Politician Award 2021-2023: From a list of nominated political representatives supporting neurodivergent people or neurodiversity as a whole, including Peter, Lisa, Sylvana, Lilianne, Rugter and Rudmer, a winner is selected for the award by a secret neurodivergent jury.
- Neurodivergents Poets showcase: We want to share 10 poems by dutch neurodivergent poets. (nominate a dutch neurodivergent poet)
- Neurodivergent Artists showcase: We want to share 10 pieces of art, made by dutch neurodivergent artists (nominate a dutch neurodivergent artist)
- Neurodiversiteitsrede: We will hold the annual speech of the year, delivered by a pioneer in their field, and broadcast it live.
- Neurodiversity Pride Anthem: A special new rendition of our themesong is composed in the Netherlands by techno DJ ‘Between The Fire’ and his musical team.
- Neurodiversity Pride Party (online): DJs will perform a disco online, for people wanting to dance in celebration, from the safety of their homes, using their desktops or mobiles.
- Growth Through Adversity talks: We will invite national and international experts for a conversation about the current state of neurodiverse individuals. The talks will be shared, after Pride Day, by the NE Academy.
- Pride Frame: We will release a Neurodiversity Pride Frame for social media
Next to the main projects, we are considering: A neurodance event, Pride messaging (in cards or images), new courses for the Neurodiversity Education Academy, Pride collage (with partnerorganizations), interviews, webinars, workshops and …. Perhaps another countdown like we had in 2020. We have cancelled the production of the Wall of Inclusion, and some activities in the streets, due to Covid.
*The name for the award has changed from neurodivers-friendly politician to neuroinclusive politician award in 2021, for clarity.
There are many other plans and ideas, if you want to join in helping organizing, or if you are part of an organization wanting the join in the celebration in your own way, use the contact form below.