Neurodiversity Pride Day is the international day of pride for people with neurodivergent minds, celebrated each year on June 18th.
The Pride Universe for the Neurodiverse is open for all neurodivergents & allies to celebrate neurodiversity. The universe will reopen the 17 & 18th of June 2022 with the Metaverse Event, one of the activities of the Neurodiversity Pride Day 2022 Program. Next to many activities organized locally, there will also be a 3 day Online Summit, called NeuroEmergence, the You Room opens again, a new ND Art Expo opens up, and there will be a big sports event to celebrate Neurodiversity Pride Day, called “Stride“. Join and celebrate neurodivergent pride, in any way that suits your unique self!
Neurodiversity Pride Day 2021 Activities:
Party Room | Award Room | Talks Room | Talent Room | Video Room | Keynote Room | Friends Room | Education Room | You Room | Arts & Poets Room
Join in and enjoy most of the online Neurodiversity Pride day activities in the Pride Universe of the Neurodiverse
The day is een reminder, a celebration of your own unique brain, and how it benefits the world around you. Autistic, Dyslectic, Neurotypical, these are just some shapes of the neurological variances we have to each other. None are errors, all contribute to our human society. In humanity, there are no mistakes, only variations. Each brain, each person, adds something uniquely beautiful to our human collective. And this idea, the idea of neurodiversity, deserves a spotlight, and a day of celebration, for its our differences, our unlikeness to each other, that ups the vitality of society. We all have something unique and awesome to contribute, and on this day neurodivergent people and their allies celebrate!
There are fun, serious and interesting activities organized in the Netherlands and worldwide, but most importantly: this is the day where you can party or honor your brainy self or your likeminded others, solo or with others, in whatever way works for you. Or as we’d say in Dutch: Vier Je Eigen Feestje!
Neurodiversity Pride Day – Program 2021 – 18 June
Neurodiversity Pride Day is the global celebration of neurodivergent individuals: the added value of people with different types of minds. Its organized every year on June 18th to support acceptance, inclusion and appreciation in society of people who are most unlike most others. On Neurodiversity Pride Day, you are invited to celebrate you being you, in all your unique ways. Well done, you!
What to do on Neurodiversity pride day? A preplanned guide for the day.
On June 18th, do whatever you like to do, to celebrate yourself, or neurodivergents around you. Its your day, and it is for and about you. To support planning the day with so many activities, we did put together a example program to consider, with ongoing activities and live activities:
- At 0800, show you celebrate the day, by adding a social media frame. There are also workshops starting in Indonesia for teachers.
- At 0900, make a pride fee. You don’t have to share it with anyone, but you are welcome to do so: #pridefee.
- At 1000, watch the winner of the neuro-inclusive politician award, in the Award Room (LIVE at 1000 CET).
- At 1030, there are workshops in the Phillippines, for teachers creating a neurodiverse friendly school
- At 1100, visit the Video Room, and watch female autistics that are powerfully different.
- At 1200, join in the Lunchtalk, with educator Saskia & ambassador Suzanne
- At 1300, watch the live & prerecorded talks in the Talks Room
- Around 1430 see the ‘neurodivergent coming out’ sessions about employment and neurodivergence with Helen Davies from Neurodiversity Pride Day UK
- At 1500, check out dutch neurodivergents poets in the Arts & Poets Room, all poems are in the dutch language.
- At 1600, witness some great artworks by neurodivergent dutch artist in the Arts & Poets Room.
- At 1700, will start the keynote speech of 2021, the ‘neurodiversiteitsrede’, expressed this year by the originator of the term, and a beloved elder of the movement, Judy Singer (LIVE at 1700 CET)
- At 1800, listen or join in clubhouse meetup about intersectional experiences in neurodiversity.
- At 1830, visit the Friends Room, and …. talk to a new person, in the virtual world you choose wether to put you camera & mic on or off.
- At 1900, go to the You Room, and listen to the Neurodiversity Pride Antem, made for this day.
- At 2000, join the worldwide celebration in the Party Room, where dutch DJs will perform their music for everyone that wants to dance (LIVE at 2000 CET)
- At 2100, have a look at the virtual edition of the neurodiverse traits game in the Talents Room
- At 2200, download the Brainy App, in english or the new pride day release in the dutch language. Then quickly return to the Party Room to dance a little bit more.
There are more activities joinin into the program, they will be added on this pride page. We have ability to host 3000 humans in our virtual world at max capacity, please be patient with technical glitches: our team is likely working on it.
If you want to organise somethign with others, please consider the three guidelines for organizers: Be inclusive to all, skip sad stories for this one day & nothing about us without us,
All activities are free, all access is free, all support in time or cash is gifted by supporters, and this is how we want to do it, this is the way. We do also need sponsors or supporters for our costs. If you want to donate to the Neurodiversity Foundation leading the efforts of the day, or to the technical team for ‘VR streaming credits’ (one of our major costs), please do so: NL41INGB0008401131 is the account of “stichting Neurodiversiteit”, and label your donation ‘pride’. Thank you, for inspiring us to make this day a global event with your support.