On the 18th of June 2020 we will celebrate the Neurodiversity Pride Day in the Netherlands.”Vier je eigen feestje” is this years theme, and means; to celebrate yourself, to celebrate the ones like you & to celebrate in your own way.
Neurodiversity Pride Day is the nations 3rd celebration of the value of people with different types of minds. Its organized every year on June 18th to support acceptance, inclusion and appreciation in society of people who are most unlike most others. And also to have a day to celebrate your own brain, and how your uniqueness benefits the world. We all have something awesome to contribute, and on this day we invite all to show or feel what they are proud of!
Among the activities on the day, there will be the traditional annual Neurodiversiteitsrede. There will be interviews with neurodivergents. There will be talks about a neurodiverse future in post-corona times with experts. There will be Workshops for teachers, kids and parents. And there will be meetups with workshops om embracing differences.
The program of the day:
Tentative timeline (due to changes)
- Neurodiverse Future Talks, with Lana & Saskia: starting at 12.00
- Embracing your differences workshops: , starting via Zoom at 13:00
- Interviews with Neurodivergents: published online starting at 14:00
- Neurodiversiteitsrede: published online starting at 15:00
- Workshops for Teachers, starting via Zoom at 16:00
- Workshop for Parents, starting via Zoom at 17:00
- Workshop for Kids, starting via Zoom at 18:00
- Local activities: throughout the day
- Using the Pride frame for profiles: all day.
Neurodiversity Pride Day was initiated by the Neurodiversity Foundation, and was inspired by the Autism Pride days in the US & UK. In the Netherlands its supported by the NVA, Impuls/Woortblind and Spirit, and are welcoming other organizations that want to contribute by organizing an activity on the day as well. Also a growing number of individuals and companies have a wish to celebrate this day, and yes: we are all welcome!
If you want to organize something to celebrate this day, add the information in the form on this page. This will put your activity on the Neurodiversity Pride Map