At June 18 2021 the Neurodiversity Pride Day is organized in the Netherlands. The program for the day is still in the making, but we wanted to share some of the main projects and activities for the day:
- Neurodivergents Poets: We want to share 10 poems by dutch neurodivergent poets.
- Neurodivergent Artists: We want to share 10 pieces of art, made by dutch neurodivergent artists
- Wall of Inclusion: we want to share 16 neuroinclusive messages from dutch mayors and the Kings representatives
- Neurodiversiteitsrede: We will hold the annual speech of the year, delivered by a pioneer in their field.
- Growth Through Adversity talks: We will invite national and international experts for a conversation about the current state of neurodiverse individuals.
- Pride Frame: We will release a Neurodiversity Pride Frame for social media
Next to the main projects, we are considering: A neurodance event, Pride messaging (in cards or images), new courses for the Neurodiversity Education Academy, Pride collage (with partnerorganizations), interviews, a big meetup-matching event (either online of offline), webinars, workshops and …. Perhaps another countdown like we had in 2020.
There are many other plans and ideas, if you want to join in helping organizing, or if you are part of an organization wanting the join in the celebration in your own way, use the contact form below.