Neurodiversity Pride Day is the international day of Pride for Neurodivergent individuals. The 6th edition will be organized at June 16th 2023.
During Neurodiversity Pride Day, the first 5 editions on June 18th, and starting in 2023 at June 16th, we celebrate neurodivergent uniqueness and the value of neurodiversity in society; a day to appreciate all who are neurologically distinct. Celebrated worldwide, its a day created by and for neurodivergents, and those who love us.
About Neurodiversity Pride Day 2022
About Neurodiversity Pride Day Celebrations of 2022: During 16, 17 & 18 June these 4 main activities for the fifth edition were:
About Neurodiversity Pride Day
Celebrate Your Own Way, On Neurodiversity Pride Day. 18/6/2022
Neurodiversity Pride Day is the global celebration of the value of people with different types of minds. Its organized since 2018, every year on June 18th to support acceptance, inclusion and appreciation in society of people who are most unlike most others. And also to have a day to celebrate your own unique traits, and how it benefits the world. We all have something unique and awesome to contribute, and on this day we invite all to show what they are proud of!
On Neurodiversity Pride Day, we as neurodivergents take a moment to reflect on what we are proud for in our own life, the love we bring to our families and friends, the value we add to teams and the everyday courage it takes to be yourself.
A day to turn the page of a difficult past or present, and rejoice in the fact, that there is only one person like yourself. And that this uniqueness, is something to be proud of. You, be you, and this day invites all to celebrate your own way, and though many activities organized, you can to do that, in your own way.
Celebrate your neurodivergent teammembers
Most organizations accomodating a neurodiverse workforce, become market leaders; 35% of CEOs are dyslectic or ADHD, and Autistics found often to be the key to true innovation. If your organization is supported too by the power of neurodiversity, we invite you to celebrate Neurodiversity Pride Day, and spread some warmth to neurodivergents working in your teams.
“One of us. Gobble Gobble. We accept you. One of us.”
Read more about how your organization can join Neurodiversity Pride Day
- Organize a luncheon for neurodivergent teammembers
- Publish a message from the leadership team
- Amplify the message of inclusion and diversity through social media
- Evaluate your screening, evaluation and hiring processes.
This day is created by neurodivergents, to celebrate self-acceptance of ourselves, and appreciation towards our kind; those who are neurologically unlike most others. For one day, we shift our focus to how we make society more beautiful and vital, in spite of any of the struggles we face daily. For one day, we pride ourselves with having the courage to keep being ourselves, regardless of the negative stereotypes and efforts to minimize our uniqueness.
You, be you.
Read more about what you can do on Neurodiversity Pride Day
- Spend time in the Pride Universe of the Neurodiverse
- Listen to the Pride Day Anthem or take a moment to reflect on your everyday bravery.
- Join workshops, talks and the keynote of the program
- Do whatever you like. Solo or together, its all good.
Celebrate those who are most unlike yourself
Dyslexia existed before books were written, ADHD and Autistic genes were active 10.000 years ago, but in current society we are a minority that fights hard to be accepted as we are naturally. Every person in this world, knows neurodivergents, in their friends, teams, family, and most love at least one of them. On this day, neurodivergents stand in defiance of those societal forces wanting us gone. Stand with us.
Read more about what you can do on Neurodiversity Pride Day
- Send a message of love and acceptance
- Join activities or spend time with your favorite neurodivergent.
- Go for kindness. This is what neurodivergents need in todays culture.
- Learn from activities and talks shared in the last 4 editions, or join the 2022 activities.
There are the Three Rules for organizers. Activities that do not adhere to these three rules, are not part of Neurodiversity Pride Day:
- No racism or discrimination of any kind allowed. A world that is better for all, is a world where any person has the ability to thrive, regardless of which skincolor, culture or neurotype they are born into. Therefore, we stand with all minorities reclaiming their pride.
- No sad stories, on this day; you can do that on every other day, June 18th is created to celebrate the reasons giving us our pride.
- Nothing about us without us: in each activity, a neurodivergent needs to have a role.
Examples of activities of Neurodiversity Pride Day are:
- The bi-annually Neuro Inclusive Politician Award, for the politician supporting neurodivergents in the political arena.
- Workshops and webinars about neurodiversity friendly ways of education
- The Neurodiversity Keynote of the year, presented by a daring pioneer
- Interviews with Neurodivergents and respected experts in the field
- Lunches, sharingcircles and appreciation meetups in companies and organisations
- Statements of inclusion from municipal mayors and aldermen (m/x/f)
- Small celebrations organized locally
- A joyous call for the discontinuance of discriminatory practices and outdated policies
- Neurodivergents sending messages of support to another
- A visit to the You Room of the Pride Universe of the Neurodiverse
- Organizations supporting Pride in their social media channels
- And so much more.
Join us in celebrating neurodivergent uniqueness and a world that equally embraces all neurotypes. Exhibition? March? Workshop? Lecture? Meetup? Slowdating? Movie? Silent Walk? Sending Cards? What would you like to do to celebrate neurodiversity?
We aim to make this day of celebration a global one, if you are organizing events too, this year or the next, send us a email.
We are grateful for many sponsors and contributors, these include:
- All volunteers and sympathizers of the Neurodiversity Foundation and its networks, sharing their input for free.
- All volunteers and sympathizers of the Neurodiversity Education Academy and its network.
- Ozone Universe – Via their generous gift of crucial Virtual Reality Meetup software needed for the Virtual Event.
- 2Tango social impact organisation – Via their ongoing technological support.
- Cor Wit Fund – Via their longstanding support for our foundational mission.
- Gather – Via their gift of free services for the Pride Week.
- Loops – Via their gift of free materials for Pride Week.
- Stichting A-Talent – With their support on the Stride project.
- Harborn – Via their support with building the Stride App.
- Boomerang agency – Via their partnership in organizing the Virtual Event.
- Via agency- With their support in organizing the Virtual Event.
- VSB Fund – Via their backing in the Call for Inclusion.
We are still enthusiastically tracking down all parties that may wish to support our Pride Day, and join in! If you have any tips for us, or if you yourself want to support us with a donation in money, materials or with services, please send us an email to [email protected], or send us a message in the contact form.
Information about Neurodiversity Pride Day
Neurodiversity Pride Day started organizing in the Netherlands in 2018, stemming from the neurodivergent-led Neurodiversity Foundation, but has quickly been adopted by partners in the USA, the UK, The Philippines, Australia and Indonesia. Its origin was inspired by Autistic Pride events, and other activities celebrating humans with a neurological distinctiveness. Neurodiversity Pride Day however, sets out to include all neurotypes in celebration, and focusses on the benefits of a neurodiverse future that embraces all. We hope to make this day a global day of Pride and appreciation, and invite cooperation with all that have a similar wish for an inclusive world where no masks are needed, and humans are celebrated for their uniqueness.